The WUF-100J ultrasonic flow meter is designed to measure the fluid velocity of liquid within a closed conduit. The transducers are a non-contacting, clamp-on type, which will provide benefits of non-fouling operation and easy installation.
WUF-100J Ultrasonic flow meter can be virtually applied to a wide range of measurement. A variety of liquid applications can be accommodated: ultra-pure liquids, portable water, chemicals , raw sewage, reclaimed water, cooling water, river water, plant effluent . etc
The WUF-100J transit time portable flow meter utilizes two transducers that function as both ultrasonic transmitters and receivers. The transducers are clamped on the outside of a closed pipe at a specific distance from each other. The transducers can be mounted in V-method where the sound transverses the pipe twice, or W-method where the sound transverses the pipe four times, or in Z-method where the transducers are mounted on opposite sides of the pipe and the sound crosses the pipe once.
This selection of the mounting method depends on pipe and liquid characteristics. The flow meter operates by alternately transmitting and receiving a frequency modulated burst of sound energy between the two transducers and measuring the transit time that it takes for sound to travel between the two transducers. The difference in the transit time measured is directly and exactly related to the velocity of the liquid in the pipe, show as follow s:
- Large-screen LCD
- Non-contacting measuring
- Built-in data-logger
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- High accuracy measuring
- Wide measuring range
- Small and light
- RS-232 serial interface
This selection of the mounting method depends on pipe and liquid characteristics. The flow meter operates by alternately transmitting and receiving a frequency modulated burst of sound energy between the two transducers and measuring the transit time that it takes for sound to travel between the two transducers. The difference in the transit time measured is directly and exactly related to the velocity of the liquid in the pipe. The WUF-100J can be used for Carbon steel, Stainless steel, copper, PVC, Rubber tubes, HDPE, etc
WUF-100J series Hand held Ultrasonic Flow Meters are based on clamp-on transit-time flow measurement principle. It measures the flow rate of liquid in a pipe from outside of the pipe by using a pair of ultrasonic transducers. In general, the liquid should be full in the pipe, and should contain very little particles or bubbles. It is applicable for water (hot water, chill water, city water, sea water, etc.); sewage; oil (crude oil, lubricating oil, diesel oil, fuel oil, etc.); chemicals (alcohol, acids, etc.); waste; beverage and liquid food, solvents and other liquids. WUF-100J handheld ultrasonic flow meter is a battery-powered ultrasonic flow meter with the capability of a full-size flow meter. It is carefully designed for portability and ease of use.
Technical Specification :
- Linearity : 0.5%
- Repeatability: 0.2%
- Accuracy: ±1% of reading at rates>0.2 mps
- Response Time: 0-999 seconds, user-configurable
- Velocity: ±32 m/s
- Pipe Size: 20mm-6000mm
- Rate Units: Meter, Feet, Cubic Meter, Liter, Cubic Feet, USA Gallon, Imperial Gallon, Oil Barrel, USA Liquid Barrel, Imperial Liquid Barrel, Million USA Gallons. User configurable.
- Totalizer: 7-digit totals for net, positive and negative flow respectively
- Liquid Types: Virtually all liquids
- Security: Setup values Modification Lockout. Access code needs unlocking
- Display: 4×16 English letters
- Communication Interface: RS-232C, baud-rate: from 75 to 57600. Protocol made by the manufacturer and compatible with that of the FUJI ultrasonic flow meter. User protocols can be made on enquiry.
- Transducers: Model M1 for standard, other 3 models for optional
- Transducer Cord Length: Standard 2×10 meters, optional 2x 500 meters
- Power Supply: 3 AAA Ni-H built-in batteries. When fully recharged it will last over 10 hours of operation.100V-240VAC for the charger
- Data Logger: Built-in data logger can store over 2000 lines of data
- Manual Totalizer: 7-digit press-key-to-go totalizer for calibration
- Housing Material: ABS
- Case Size: 210x90x30mm
- Handset Weight: 514g (1.2 lbs) with batteries
The instrument can operate either from the built-in Ni-H rechargeable battery, which will last over 12 hours of continuous operation when fully recharged, or from an external AC/power supply from the battery charger.
More Information please click : OPERATION MANUAL WUF 100 J